This month at Inspired Physio we are all coming together as a team to raise money for Steptember. Chris, Megan, Dave and I have all strapped on their pedometers and will be walking 10 000 steps for 28 days to raise money for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance.
Did you know that Cerebral Palsy is the most commonly diagnosed physical disability in children? Cerebral palsy (CP) is an umbrella term that refers to a group of disorders affecting a person’s ability to move. It is a permanent life-long condition, but generally does not worsen over time. It is due to damage to the developing brain either during pregnancy or shortly after birth.
CP affects each individual in different ways – it can affect body movement, muscle control, muscle coordination, muscle tone, reflex, posture and balance. It also has an impact on families with kids with CP – extra equipment and therapies are often required for day to day life and funding is often limited with long wait lists for supplies. Did you know that:
- $55 – will help purchase a walker to support a child to take their first steps.
- $85 – will help provide a child with 2 hours of physiotherapy.
- $120 – will help fund technology that enables a child to communicate with their family and friends.
- $155 – will help purchase a modified bike for a child with CP to play with their friends.
- $250 – will help customise a powered wheelchair for a child with cerebral palsy.
- $500 – will help modify the family car so a child with CP can attend medical appointments and family outings.
Team Inspired would truly appreciate your help in raising money for this wonderful cause – to donate visit steptember.org.au and search ‘Inspired Physio’ in the team member tab.
P.S. We couldn’t get Bob a pedometer but he’s going to join us on our mission for 10 000 steps per day!